Friday, February 3, 2012

War Zone

It started off in a dug-out tunnel with explosions shaking dirt from the walls and ceiling. Zane and I were soldiers together trying to figure out what our roll was in the battle. We needed to leave the shelter and grabbed our hats & coats. Once we stepped out there were no more explosions...in fact, we were walking down a paved neighborhood street on our way to a gas station. There were a couple other soldiers with us, one of them being our friend, Curtis. Along with us were about 5 - 6 neighborhood teenagers also on their way to the gas station - I guess we all had cravings for Cheetos and Icees or something. As we were walking, Curtis kept wanting to take a picture of us in our uniforms - like it was funny we were in them and he wanted evidence. He kept getting annoyed that I wouldn't look at the camera - I was too concerned with watching where I was walking.

There was a discussion on where we were going to keep our guns. Zane was able to put his in a holster, but because my uniform was too tight (think Andrews Sisters with a little flight attendant hat) there was no where to hide a gun. I felt dumb.

On our way to the gas station, there was a vacant lot that had a baby laying in it. I saw her and knew 2 things: she belonged to William Joseph (musician), and I needed to change her diaper. It never occurred to me that it was ODD for a baby to be laying in a vacant lot. So as I went to change her diaper, I was surprised to see that her "load" was a delicious pink with sprinkles in it like a perfect Granny B's sugar cookie. I took my finger and wrote in the pink poo "At least it's pink!" No...I didn't lick my finger. I was going to leave the cute message and the poop for William to change later, but decided that was mean and finished the diaper change.

I don't know what happened after that... I must have left the baby and caught up with the group to pick up a Charleston Chew.

Interpretation: Hmmm.... Zane and I are probably feeling a bit like unprepared soldiers in a war zone with being new parents. The pink poop? I've got nothin... WAIT! I have joked that I think my newborn's diapers have an unusually sweet smell to them. Perhaps my subconscious took it a bit too far with the sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment